Wednesday, December 15, 2010

SIXTEEN

I was the air when I was ONE.
When it was bright I was the sun.
And at night I wasn't gloom.
'Cause at night I'm with the moon.

At TWO, I meet Yellow.
From the rainbow, I said Hello.
And I thought about my friend, Square.
Even when he wasn't there.

The day that I turned THREE.
I have yet to climb a tree
But the adventure was too great.
And at THREE my knee, I scraped.

At FOUR I looked for a room.
That could save me from this doom.
No water, no chlorine,
But the tears kept on pourin'

Then courage came into play,
I was SEVEN when it came, that day.
With a leap of fate, while I pray,
I learnt to swim. Not afraid another day.

And as the years passed me by,
What I learnt, I learnt as I try.
At TEN I held this ball,
Shot at a net, and there I stood tall.

I did good, maybe even great.
But at FOURTEEN, with a twist of fate,
I'd quit, no scratch that, I'm on a break.

At FIFTEEN, I may have lost myself
In my pride or in my bookshelf.
No, there were no books.
But a shelf of my imagination, I was hooked.

I sit here today, on my year SIXTEEN.
I've been here and there and in between.
But I'm not done yet, I'm incomplete.
I have more years to come, it's not an easy feat.





AMIN .

No comments: